iFi Zen Stream Streamer
Beneath its classy exterior, the ZEN Stream is a technological streamer-de-force. It has one purpose – to send music from the Internet to your DAC with no loss of quality.
True hi-res performance of PCM384/DSD256 via WiFi/LAN. Just add your smart device as a remote and away you go.
Optimised open-source architecture – works with multiple dedicated platforms, completely and perfectly future-proofed as it is constantly updated.
Ease of use + audiophile implementation. It is the bee’s knees of Streamers.
ZEN Stream is a true ground-up design by iFi — the hardware and software implementation is quite exceptional:
- Two SuperSpeed USB3.0 ports with Active Noise Cancellation II
- S/PDIF out with the iPurifier built-in
- Power supply with Silent Power tech
- iFi software developed with Volumio open-source as the starting point, then coded and optimised by us to achieve the purest streaming software bar none
These are some of the factors behind why the ZEN Stream is at the cutting-edge handling PCM384/DSD256 on LAN and WiFi (802.11n, with 100Mbps on 5Ghz).
The ZEN Stream has one of the most fully-optimised software platforms in the world.
From the device’s drivers, to the kernel (the heart of the operating system), to the shell (which interfaces with the kernel), to the applications and the user interface — everything is fully optimised for seamless operation and excellent sonic performance.
An ingenious part of the ZEN Stream’s design is the ability to select between ‘Exclusive’ modes – individual settings dedicated to specific modes of operation to deliver the purest possible performance. All other programs are shut down – to minimise ‘software jitter’ — an often overlooked aspect that negatively impacts the quality of computer audio playback.
This ensures that the ZEN Stream is not merely a ‘jack of all trades’, but a master of all too.
- All-in-one (AIO) covers all modes
- DLNA streaming
- NAA streaming
- Roon Bridge streaming*
- Tidal streaming
*Roon Ready coming soon
Beneath the unassuming casework sits some serious horsepower in terms of both technologies and components:
- Powerful 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex microprocessor
- USB and S/PDIF interfaces regulated by femto-precision GMT clock to eradicate jitter
- Active Noise Cancellation II and iPurifier technologies for USB and S/PDIF interfaces respectively
- Intelligent Ethernet switch controller
- High-PSRR, low idle current, low-dropout voltage regulators with soft start
- Synchronous 1.6MHz high-speed precision power supply controller
- C0G capacitors and Taiyo Yuden and Murata low ESR inductors